What kind of tape do you use for eyelash extensions? How do you keep bottom lashes down?
The easiest way to protect bottom lashes is with eyepatches. HOWEVER! How many times have you found those tiny baby lashes sneaking out from under the eyepatch and getting stuck to your extensions? We know this is every lash tech’s nightmare, so using a small piece of tape to secure those tiny lashes will come in very handy!
- gives a bit of extra help keeping eye pads in place
- can be used to secure bottom lashes or to lift the skin on the eyelid
- 3M micropore tape is less tacky and softer than plastic micropore tape
can be used with any eyepatches
How to use:
Cleanse the natural lashes and eye area with Lash Shampoo and Protein Pads.
- Place chosen eyepatches over the bottom lashes, around 1mm away from the waterline.
To cut the perfect amount and straight strip of tape use our tape cutter or scissors for thin strips.
- Once the eyes are closed, gently pull the eyelid up and place a piece of tape over the eyepatch to secure it in place. Place the tape slightly closer to the waterline to ensure no baby lashes will be able to escape!
- Repeat on the other eye.
- Pull the eyelids gently upwards to double check all bottom lashes are hidden and make sure your client is comfortable - a lash mirror can help with this.
Continue with your pre-treatment by applying Pre-treatment Lash Cleanser, and follow with Primer.
- When you finish using the tape, ensure that it is stored in the tape cutter or a closed box to keep it clean and fresh.